Count

7/22/2006

Signs

Anyone seen the movie Signs, starring Mel Gibson and director M. Night Shyamalan (and the always under-appreciated Jaoquin Phoenix)? There are signs around me these days as July 23rd rolls around.

I dream a dream... I can't remember the details, but at some point I was hanging off some barb wire on some building. On the other end was Alan. I wasn't strong enough to hold on to him. I wasn't upset when I woke up or anything. It was a bit weird though.

Friday night went to Chris Poon and Vivian Tsang's wedding. After the wedding, I went to a club to meet up with some friends. There I met Francis, one of Alan's best friends at CMU. He told me he got kicked out of school and is now studying to finish his degree elsewhere. And he commented that Alan would have probably been kicked out too. =)

Saturday, I went to play ball with friends. It's more like helping my friend set up a basketball tournament business. Not sure if it's going to work. The logo certainly doesn't (don't ask, I don't know). But the business has potential. Anyway, at the court were a couple of Alan's classmate, one of them who used to be pretty good friends with Alan.

Signs. They are everywhere when you look for them. And they are nowhere when you are not. And they are everywhere when you try to avoid them.

No comments: