Count

8/10/2004

Let's start with the movie I saw. "The Village" by M Night Shyamalan. Excellent movie. If you haven't seen it, go see it. As you know, Shyamalan has made Six Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs. He's a great story teller and has a knack for creating fear among the audience. Personally, I think Six Sense and Signs were just good stories. Unbreakable had a bit more flavor to it... the movie itself wasn'tthat great (certainly not as good as Six Sense), and the twists were that "twisty"... but it had a certain vibe about it. A certain vibe that people like myself would think about and talk about long after the movie was over.

The Village is like that. Except that it's a better movie and a much better story. What I liked most about it was the moral story it told. Although you may be tempted to think about the twists, think about whether the movie made sense, whether there were any points where you could have sensed the twist (I know I did... very early in the movie), whether there were any mistakes in the story telling of Shyamalan, I urge you not to. Think about the WHYS in the movie. It's fascinating how much moral come out of this movie.

I just worked 18 hour days... leaving the office at 330am and then returning at 630am... and now still going at 230pm. Will go home soon and sleep my head off... unless, I get to see another movie.

No comments: